Rock Steady Boxing
Parkinson’s disease is a degenerative movement disorder which can cause deterioration of motor skills, balance, speech and sensory function. Rock Steady Boxing is an evidence-based 6 week program for people with Parkinson’s disease to engage in a non-contact, boxing based fitness curriculum. The mission of Rock Steady Boxing is to empower people with Parkinson’s disease of all abilities to fight back.
What does the Rock Steady Boxing Program Include?
- A Pre-Class Assessment
- Boxing Gloves and Equipment
- A Boxing Based Curriculum that Focuses on Movement, Balance, Coordination, and Focus
- Supportive Environment
- Two 60-Minute Classes per Week
- Non-Contact Boxing Drills
- Exercise Focused on Endurance, Coordination, Gross Motor Movement, and Balance
Rock Steady Boxing Benefits
- Improved Mental Focus
- Decreased Severity of PD Symptoms
- Increased Strength, Endurance, Coordination
- Restored Confidence
- Reduced Likelihood of Falls
- Sense of Community
Who Can Participate?
Anyone with Parkinson’s disease
Our program offers two levels of classes; so, whatever your ability is, we have a class available for you
Everyone who registers for the program will complete an assessment to determine which level of class will be the best fit for you